- Limited documentation
- Application dependency on lower versions
- Lack of automation for basic tasks
- Limited monitoring capability
- Creation of new VDI’s, installing Citrix applications and assigning them to users as per the service desk request.
- Monitoring Citrix internal and external environment using Citrix director and assisting Service Desk and NOC people for basic troubleshooting.
- Handling issues related to VDI and applications connectivity.
- Working on Citrix printing issues in various environments.
- Resolving complex issues in NetScaler, Citrix controller and its components to reach SLA.
- Reclaiming VDI’s which are not in use and decommissioning them with Service desk approval.
- Troubleshooting slowness/connectivity issues for the users.
- Resolving profile corruption issues and giving access to the shared folders/paths.
- Organizing and maintaining environment with zero downtimes and doing daily health checks on the vcenter about the resources utilizations and taking actions against the alarms and alerts.
- Deploying and configuring the VM’s with given time lines and putting them on the basis of resources availability.
- Creating / configuring / mounting and unmounts the data stores if required.
- Upgrading and patching the hosts with the latest releases before creating the run books for the release notes and effects on the environment.
- Preparing new host profiles and duplicates for the troubleshooting / resolving and compliance check for the sub tasks, Device Configurations, PCI slots and issues with vmbha’s and nics.
- Creating of new clusters and placing new hosts into the clusters with the vDS / NFS and iSCSI networks mappings with the provided networks.
- Validating the hardware and configurations of the hosts before putting them into the clusters and doing the network configurations such as Host Vlan, Mgmt. Network / vMotion / NFS / iSCSI and FC.
- Successfully prepared and implemented POC on Xen Desktop 7.15 to upgrade the Citrix Infrastructure.
- Automated health check and scheduled rebooting.
- Automated Citrix password expiry notification using PowerShell.
- Provided and implemented valuable solutions/ideas to improve operational efficiencies of Citrix environment.
- Resolved, hosted, and shared server hung issues by coordinating with Citrix and Microsoft vendors.
- Migration of applications from presentation server 4.5 to XenApp 7.6.
- Documented Citrix Infrastructure with time to time updates.