Job Title : Sr. Database Engineer – Postgres Expert
Location : Hyderabad
Shifts : Rotational
Exp : 10+ Years
Duration : Fulltime
- Identifies database requirements by interviewing customers; analyzing department applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems.
- Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
- Prepares users by conducting training; providing information; resolving problems.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Supports database functions by designing and coding utilities.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Deep experience in designing and building high volume, scalable, data-intensive database systems
- Highly skilled in SQL performance tuning and real-time troubleshooting
- Solid understanding of database hardware, including RAM, CPU, Permanent Storage, I/O, and other capacity related resources
- Solid understanding of PostgreSQL 9 and 10 internals, Replications and Security.
- Working knowledge on implementing SOX and PCI controls
- Strong technical acumen, able to ensure that technical solutions, strategies, practices, and governance deliver business and customer value
- Having strong working knowledge on MySQL, MSSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra or Radis.
- Working experiences on AWS Aurora, Migrating from on-prem to AWS and Monitoring database in AWS.
- Experience with Python is preferred.
To apply for this job opening, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the position “Sr. Database Engineer (Postgres Expert)”.