Title: DevOps Engineer
Job Code: AINDE_SE05
Position: Full time
Experience: 4 – 6 years
Primary Skills: Linux, Scripting, Jenkins/ Hudson, Chef / Puppet / Docker / Ansible
This is a hands-on technical position. The ideal candidate has prior experience managing cloud based n-tier web applications and strives to solve traditional operations problems through automation and software. You must possess a high standard of excellence, solid written and verbal communication skills, have a strong customer focus, and be capable of technical deep-dives into operating systems, application performance, databases, load balancers, networks, and storage systems. You should be either a software developer with some experience and knowledge as a system administrator, or possibly a system administrator with some experience and knowledge as a programmer.
What will you do:
- Build solutions to problems that interrupt availability, performance, and stability in our systems, services, and products at scale.
- Design and develop re-usable components and operational strategies in the cloud to support scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup, restore, etc.
- Build automated dev-ops delivery/deployment model to enable continuous release of software into cloud environments.
- Understanding of automation practices throughout the development, build, and deployment phases of the application life -cycle.
- Manage the establishment and configuration of infrastructure in an agile way by storing infrastructure as code and employing automated configuration management tools with a goal to be able to re-provision environments at any point in time.
- Drive operational cost reductions through service optimizations and demand based auto scaling.
- Deep experience Linux/Unix (e.g. Centos, RHEL, Ubuntu) systems.
- Familiarity with virtualization and cloud infrastructure management; OpenStack a plus.
- Experience with Jenkins, Chef, Git, Ansible / Docker, Salt.
- Proficient in script environments like Bash / Shell / Python / Ruby.
- Knowledge on IaaS, PaaS and SaaS APIs and general Linux infrastructure software.
- Exposure to relational databases like Oracle, MySQL and some NoSQL database like MongoDB, Couchbase.
- Knowledge on cloud native applications and supporting technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Mesosphere).
- Knowledge on cloud services elastic capacity administration and cloud deployment and administration tools a plus (Amazon EC2, OpenStack, Google Cloud Platform)
- A desire to automate yourself out of a job. we will always have new challenges and problems to solve.
- Strong motivation to automate routine tasks, past infrastructure and system automation experience desired
Good if you have:
- Passion for Cloud Automation.
- A valid B1 Visa.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work as IC and also mentoring team members.
- Confident in dealing with client.
To apply for this job opening, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the job code ‘AINDE_SE05’